Peabody Picture Vocabulary Test—Fourth Edition
2006 | DUNN, Lloyd M., DUNN, Douglas M.
A measure of receptive vocabulary for Standard American English
|Ages / Grades||2:6 to 90+ years|
|Administration Setting||10–15 minutes|
|Scores / Interpretation||Age- and grade-based standard scores, percentiles, normal curve equivalents (NCEs), stanines, age and grade equivalents, growth scale value (GSV)|
The release of the Peabody Picture Vocabulary Test—Fourth Edition (PPVT–4) continues a tradition of providing an outstanding vocabulary assessment that has been unsurpassed for nearly half a century. Quick, easy, and reliable as ever, it can assist professionals in their key role of fostering growth in language and literacy.
This versatile test is well suited for screening, diagnosis, and progress measurement.
Less Time in Assessment, More Time in Intervention
With this individually administered, normreferenced instrument, professionals can:
- Quickly evaluate receptive vocabulary using a highly valid instrument that requires no reading or writing
- Monitor progress using two parallel forms
- Administer items by complete sets of 12 for ease of use
- Meet guidelines for universal screening, identifying strengths and weaknessess and diagnostic testing within a differentiated instruction and progress monitoring environment
The PPVT–4 test introduces significant enhancements, including:
- Illustrations designed in full colour
- More up-to-date, realistic art, offering a balance of gender and race/ethnicity
- More stimulus words included (now 228 per form), with better representation of word types across all levels of difficulty
- Growth Scale Value (GSV) added—a new metric for easily measuring progress over time
- Larger easel format (8.5 x 11 inches)
- Modernized core vocabulary
- Enhanced technology options with Q-global for faster scoring and reporting
- New very easy items to strengthen the floor of the test
- A newly designed carrying case, making it easier to travel with all materials need
- Test-Retest Reliability
- Alternate Form Reliability
- Comparison to Previous Edition
- Criterion Validity (e.g., CASL, GRADE)
- Clinical-Group Validity: ADHD, Emotional/Behavioural Disturbance, Giftedness, Hearing Impairment, Hearing Impairment with Cochlear Implant, Language Delay, Language Disorder, Learning Disability, Mental Retardation, and Speech Impairment
PPVT™–4 and EVT™–2
Use the PPVT–4 together with the EVT–2 for a comprehensive assessment of receptive and expressive language skills.
Tablet-based Administration for the PPVT™–4
Stimulus books, record forms, and administration instructions are in one place, increasing portability. On-the-fly scoring increases efficiency of administration and reduces overall assessment time.
For more information, please visit HelloQ.ca.
* Q-GLOBAL™ ONLINE SCORING AND REPORTING IS SUBJECT TO AN ANNUAL LICENSING FEE (Click here for more information.)NOW AVAILABLE, THE DIGITAL VERSION OF WISC–VCDN ON Q-INTERACTIVE™
With the innovative digital format, you can get all the flexibility and content of the WISC–VCDN in a convenient, easy-to-use digital system.
For more information about Q-interactive™, please visit HelloQ.ca.
|30700||PPVT™–4: Complete Kit (Form A and Form B)
Includes Easel, Manual, 25 Record Forms A, 25 Record Forms B, and carrying case.
|30701||PPVT™–4: Form A Complete Kit
Includes Easel, Manual, 25 Record Forms A, and carrying case.
|30702||PPVT™–4: Form B Complete Kit
Includes Easel, Manual, 25 Record Forms B, and carrying case.
|30790||PPVT™–4/EVT™–2: Combination Kit (Form A and Form B)
|30791||PPVT™–4/EVT™–2: Combination Kit Form A
|30792||PPVT™–4/EVT™–2: Combination Kit Form B
|Q-GLOBAL™ ONLINE SCORING AND REPORTING*||PRICE|
|64017||PPVT™–4: Q-global Individual Score Summary Report
|64025||PPVT™–4: Form A Q-global Digital Stimulus Book
|64027||PPVT™–4: Form B Q-global Digital Stimulus Book
|64030||PPVT™–4: Q-global Digital Examiner’s Manual
|ADDITIONAL ADMINISTRATION MATERIALS||PRICE|
|158007522||PPVT™–4: Digital Stimulus Book (MAC®/Windows®)
Flash drive with stimulus book pictures and printable Administration Directions
|158007824||Bundle of 5 Digital Stimulus Books: Essential Tools (MAC®/Windows®)
Flash drive with CELF-4, PLS-5, PPVT-4, EVT-2, and GFTA-2 stimulus book
|30706||PPVT™–4: Record Form A
Pkg of 25
|30707||PPVT™–4: Record Form B
Pkg of 25
Talk to a Pearson
Our customer support reps can consult with you on tests and order questions.