Campbell™ Interest and Skill Survey®
2003 | CAMPBELL, David
Vocational interests and skills inventory with career planner for postsecondary students and college-educated adults
|Ages / Grades||15 years and older;|
|Administration Setting||25 minutes (200 interest and 120 skill items, 6-point response scale)|
|Scoring Options||Q-global™ web-based scoring, Q Local™ software, mail-in scoring (Profile report)|
The Campbell™ Interest and Skill Survey® (CISS®) inventory helps assess an individual's interest in occupational areas and presents a comparison to people who are happily and successfully employed in those fields. Unlike traditional interest inventories, this tool also provides an estimate of the individual's confidence in his or her ability to perform various occupational activities.
Users and Applications
Counsellors, psychologists, and human resource professionals in mental health, business, and educational settings can use the CISS survey to help:
- Explore new avenues in career development for clients
- Pinpoint areas of academic study that can build skills and increase career options for clients
- Support personal counselling by identifying occupations or vocations that may meet the individual's needs
- Advise displaced and transitioning employees in outplacement programs
Features and Benefits
- The interest scales and parallel skill scales help individuals gain a more thorough understanding of suitable career options.
- The survey uses easily understood, contemporary terms.
- Test items reflect a respect for individuals of different gender, race, religion, and national origin.
- Combined gender scales allow for the broadest interpretation of survey results.
- Remote-On Screen Administration (R-OSA) capability—assessments can be emailed to clients so that the assessment can be completed at their own location.
- The CISS Career Planner leads individuals through a thoughtful analysis of their results and helps them translate those results into specific actions. This tool helps individuals:
- Explore 299 additional occupations and 159 fields of study
- Analyze work and education as they relate to the person's values and priorities
- Identify motivators and obstacles regarding the individual's career goals
The seven Orientation Scales, 25 Basic Scales are based on Dr. Campbell's model for occupational orientations. These orientations generally correspond to the familiar RIASEC themes.
The 25 Basic Scales, which represent parallel interest and skills scores, divide the Orientation Scales into the following categories:
- Influencing: Leadership, Law/Politics, Public Speaking, Sales, Advertising/Marketing
- Organizing: Supervision, Financial Services, Office Practices
- Helping: Adult Development, Counseling, Child Development, Religious Activities, Medical Practice
- Creating: Art/Design, Performing Arts, Writing, International Activities, Fashion, Culinary Arts
- aNalyzing: Mathematics, Science
- Producing: Mechanical Crafts, Woodworking, Farming/Forestry, Plants/Gardens, Animal Care
- Adventuring: Athletics/Physical Fitness, Military/Law Enforcement, Risks/Adventure
Remote-On-screen Administration (R-OSA)
Q-global™ can generate a customized email addressed to your examinee with an embedded link to complete the online assessment form remotely!
Q-global provides OSA and R-OSA capability for this assessment.
For more information, please visit HelloQ.ca.
* Q-GLOBAL™ ONLINE SCORING AND REPORTING IS SUBJECT TO AN ANNUAL LICENCING FEE (Click here for more information.)
|Q LOCAL™ SCORING AND REPORTING||PRICE|
|0743||CISS® Q Local™ Starter Kit with Profile Reports
Includes CISS manual (softcover), 3 CISS Career Planners, Interest/Skill Pattern worksheets, 3 answer sheets with test items, and 3 Q Local administrations. (Does not include Q Local Software.)
|26480||CISS® Q Local™ Answer Sheet
Test Items included. Pkg of 25
|51456||CISS® Q Local™ Individual Profile Report*
Price per administration
|MAIL-IN SCORING SERVICES||PRICE|
|0640||CISS® Mail-In Starter Kit with Profile Reports
Includes Manual (softcover), 3 Career Planners, Interest/Skill Pattern Worksheets and 3 Answer Sheets with Test Items: All the materials necessary to generate 3 reports using the mail-in scoring service
|26461||CISS® Mail-In Scoring Profile Report*
Includes Answer Sheet with Test Items and scoring
|Q-GLOBAL™ ONLINE SCORING AND REPORTING*||PRICE|
|63350||CISS® Q-global™ Individual Profile Report*
Price per administration
|63351||CISS® Q-global™ Starter Kit with Profile Reports
Includes CISS manual (softcover), 3 CISS Career Planners, Interest/Skill Pattern worksheets, 3 answer sheets with test items, and 3 Q-global administrations.
|ADDITIONAL ADMINISTRATION MATERIALS||PRICE|
|26471||CISS® Interest/Skill Pattern Worksheets
Optional. Pkg of 50.
Required. Includes transparency masters and 3-ring binder
|51811||CISS® Career Planner
Talk to a Pearson
Our customer support reps can consult with you on tests and order questions.