Kaufman Brief Intelligence Test—Second Edition
2004 | Kaufman, Alan S., Kaufman, Nadeen L.
A brief, individually administered measure of verbal and nonverbal cognitive ability
|Ages / Grades||4 to 90 Years|
|Administration Setting||Approximately 20 minutes|
|Scores / Interpretation||Crystallized (Verbal), Fluid (Nonverbal), IQ Composite: Standard scores (M = 100, SD = 15) and percentile ranks by age|
Professionals depend on the Kaufman Brief Intelligence Test—Second Edition (KBIT–2) to measure both verbal and non-verbal ability— quickly and cost-effectively. Developed by leading cognitive ability experts Alan and Nadeen Kaufman, this well-respected test provides highly valid, reliable results and is useful for a broad range of purposes.
Second Edition Builds on Reputation for Quality
The KBIT–2 can be used with a wide variety of populations to help:
- Obtain a quick estimate of intelligence
- Estimate an individual's verbal versus nonverbal intelligence
- Re-evaluate the intellectual status of a child or adult who previously received thorough cognitive assessment
- Screen to identify students who may benefit from enrichment or gifted programs Identify high-risk children through large-scale screening who require a more comprehensive evaluation
- Identify strengths and weaknesses according to RTI guidelines
- Obtain a quick estimate of the intellectual ability of adults in institutional settings, such as prisons, group homes, rehabilitation clinics, or mental health centres
- The KBIT–2 presents attractive, high-quality testing materials at a reasonable cost, with full-colour items specially designed to appeal to children and reluctant examinees.
- Norming procedures and item selection reflect a strong commitment to cultural fairness.
- The improved Verbal Scale includes receptive and expressive vocabulary items that do not require reading or spelling.
- Scores are provided on a familiar scale (M = 100 and the SD = 15).
- The KBIT–2 has been co-normed with the Kaufman Test of Educational Achievement–Second Edition (KTEA–II) Brief Form for ages 26–90.
The KBIT–2 provides a balanced assessment by measuring two distinct cognitive abilities:
- Verbal Scale–Contains two item types: Verbal Knowledge and Riddles
- Nonverbal Scale–A Matrices subtest
|32300||KBIT–2 Complete Kit
Includes 1 Manual, 1 Easel, 1 pkg (Pkg of 25) Individual Test Record Forms, 1 carry bag
|ADDITIONAL ADMINISTRATION MATERIALS||PRICE|
|32301||KBIT–2 Scoring and Administration Manual
|32302||KBIT–2 Individual Test Records
Pkg of 25
Talk to a Pearson
Our customer support reps can consult with you on tests and order questions.